Arya Samaj Court Marriage Kanpur 9818476605

Arya Samaj Court Marriage Kanpur

Arya Samaj Court Marriage Kanpur In the first step of the procedure for a court marriage, a notice has to be given to the marriage officer under section 5 of the act. It mandates that the parties to the marriage shall give notice of the intended marriage in writing and in the form prescribed in Second Schedule to the Marriage Officer. The Marriage Officer must have jurisdiction in the district where at least one of the parties must have resided for a minimum of 30 days prior to the giving of the notice.

Documents required

  1. Application form (notice in the form specified) duly filled and signed by the bride and the groom.
  2. Receipt of fees paid with respect to the application form in the District Court.
  3. Documentary evidence of the date of birth of both the parties (Matriculation Certificate/Passport/Birth Certificate).
  4. Documentary evidence regarding stay in Delhi of one of the parties for more than 30 days (ration card or report from the concerned Station House Officer).
  5. Separate affidavits from bride and groom giving:
  • Date of birth
  • Present marital status: unmarried/widower/ divorcee.
  • Affirmation that the parties are not related to each other within the degree of prohibited relationship defined in the Special Marriage Act.
  1. Passport size photographs of both parties (2 copies each) duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
  2. Copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower.

Documents required in case of foreign national

When a court marriage is to be solemnized between an Indian and a foreign national the following documents will be required to be submitted along with the other Documents mentioned above:

  • A copy of passport and visa
  • One of the parties should produce documentary evidence regarding stay in India for 30 or more days (proof of residence or report from the concerned SHO)
  • A certificate of NOC or marital status certificate from the concerned embassy.

If you want to read more about laws related getting married abroad Click Here

The format of the notice is as follows:

Notice of intended marriage


Marriage officer for the _____________ District.

We hereby give you notice that a marriage under special marriage act, 1954, is intended to be solemnized between us within three calendar months from the date hereof.

AB unmarried



CD unmarried



Witness our hands this ___________________ day of ___________________ 20__.

(S.d.) A.B.

(S.d.) C.D.

Step 2 – Publication

The Marriage Officer shall publish the notice by affixing it to some conspicuous place in his office. The Marriage Officer shall keep all the true copies of the notices in the Marriage Notice Book.

If the parties are not permanently residing in the area within the jurisdiction of the Marriage Officer, then the Officer shall send a copy of the notice to the Marriage Officer of the place where the parties permanently reside so that the copy of the notice can be affixed to some conspicuous place in his office.